Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Follow the link to know more about the meme and join up!
This week's topic: Books that I wish had more or less of... You can find their post here.
I'm going to go with characters. Books I love which needed more or less of a certain character.
I mean most books have that one character I start to really like and then halfway through the book they die, or disappear or aren't important anymore and it's often the most interesting character.
- Let's start with Harry Potter. Harry Potter needed more Luna Lovegood. Definitely.
- Outlander needs more Lord John Grey. But then Diana Gabaldon gave him his own series, so I guess she agrees with me.
- The Raven Boys needed more of Noah. He was such a great character and sadly he didn't matter so much towards the end.
- The Hunger Games needed more of Prim. She was sort of a plot device even though there was so much growth there and hence a lot of potential.
- Game of Thrones needs more of Cersei. She's fascinating.
There's of course a lot of books that could do with less of certain characters, but often they're the main one and so I can't really complain. How much better would Twilight be without Bella?
I hope everyone is having a great week :)
Great way to use this week's theme! I'm rather stumped and still haven't decided what to post. Funny you mention Luna because the final HP movie was on TV last night and I was watching as Luna helped Harry figure out how to find the diadem. :)ReplyDelete
Tanya @ Girl Plus Books
I loved how Luna helped him at the end! Great moment. Hopping over to see what you decided to blog about!Delete
Ooh, this is a good way to do this week's theme. I might steal this idea when I finally do it properly!ReplyDelete
YES!!! I SO agree with Luna Lovegood! My favorite HP character. I still haven't been able to read Raven Boys UGH! For GoT I think I wanted more of Daenerys Targaryen! Girl Power! :)ReplyDelete