Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Follow the link to know more about the meme and join up!
This week's topic is a Romance Freebie. Their lives are busy and this week they're not putting up a post of their own.
I mean it's Valentine's Day so romance makes sense, even though I must admit, we're not really doing Valentine's Day in this household. In fact we're considering just ordering a 2 for Tuesday pizza!
I decided to go back to my late teen years and early 20's where shipping was a thing, and OTPs made me squeal. I mean, I still ship, but I no longer squeal as much and I'm probably less enthusiastic these days when it comes to couples than I used to be.
I will present both book couples and TV couples, because both mattered a lot throughout the years.
Top Ten Couples I Ship (or used to)
- Does anyone remember Alias? And if yes, does anyone remember loving Irina Derevko as much as me? Not only that I was such a big fan of her and Jack Bristow, I think I wrote a ton of unnecessary fanfiction.
- How about CC and Niles in The Nanny? They and
- Xena and Gabrielle were probably what introduced the word shipping to me.
- Another couple I was quite passionate about was Kerry Weaver and Kim Legaspi on ER. They were one of the first lesbian couples that broke my heart. (Later came Erica Hahn and Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy.)
- Ben Wyatt and Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation. Probably the most perfect couple that ever coupled.
- Dana Scully and Fox Mulder on The X-Files. I'm showing my age with this, aren't I?
- Tony and Michelle on 24. I remember a certain episode breaking my heart into a million pieces.
- Battlestar Galactica had Adama and Roslin. I was head over heels in love with that relationship. With the entire show actually, but those two...
- Lost had Juliet and Sawyer.
- And last but not least Friends had Rachel and Ross. DID SHE GET OFF THE PLANE?!
- Claire and Jamie in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series.
- Pride and Prejudice has Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy.
- I guess Harry Potter had Snape and Lily. Though to be fair, this was less of a ship and more a recipe for total heartbreak.
- Jane and Mr. Rochester in Jane Eyre.
- Natasha Rostov and Andrei Bolkonsky in War and Peace.
Hm, turns out I tend to be more passionate about TV couples than book couples. Though, I have to admit, I could add almost every Jane Austen couple. And when I was a teenager I loved Wuthering Heights but today, I'm not so sure that couple belongs on any romance lists.
I hope everyone had a good start to the week. Let me know about your posts and I'll drop by!
WOAH, okay I really need to catch up on my tv watching ( and book reading ). I have seen outlander in quite a lot of places though, I love the covers!ReplyDelete
Fleur @ FranklyBooks just posted her top ten as well, LET'S TALK LOVE ( TROPES )
Outlander is really good if you don't mind romance mixed with historical and some time travel.Delete
Thanks for sharing your favorite couples. I'm a sucker for romance!ReplyDelete
Yeah, I like a good romance as well, though I don't usually read romance books and more other genre books with romance in them.Delete
Great list! I LOVE Snape and Lily too, and Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy :)ReplyDelete
Here's my TTT
Amy @ A Magical World Of Words
Such great couples :)Delete
I love your Top Ten Picture, I do not know why but staring at those leafs is so relaxing hahaReplyDelete
You are the first one besides me that I see that has Jamie and Claire.
check our TTT and there is a link on top to a giveaway.
I love those leaves as well! And Jamie and Claire, how can you not love them.Delete
I loved Natasha and Pierre in War and Peace, and really respected how Pierre waited till she was a legal adult and their seven-year age difference had levelled off a bit. I also loved Nikolay and Sonya, and was really angry they didn't marry in the end!ReplyDelete
I was angry at a lot of things in War and Peace. Not just Nikolaj and Sonya.Delete
Xena and Gabrielle! And what is it about TV couples that are so shippable lol? Fun list. :)ReplyDelete
I don't know, I think it's because we get a visual and music, sappy music haha!Delete
Yay! Juliet and Sawyer were on my list too! :)ReplyDelete
Yes, your list made me question my list :DDelete
Ah, seeing Jamie and Claire mentioned makes me nostalgic for when I first read Outlander (15+ years ago). I remember being so captivated by them. And Elizabeth and Darcy... so swoony.ReplyDelete
Tanya @ Girl Plus Books
How could anyone not ship Claire and Jamie? ❤ReplyDelete