Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Follow the link to know more about the meme and join up!
This week it's all about the inner nerd with a fandom freebie.
Their post this week can be found here.They decided to talk about the fandoms they're a part of and I thought why not... I was quite fanatic about some shows and books when I was younger, I seem to have calmed a bit, but only just a bit.Some of these shows are from a long time ago and some are newer, I thought I should go for a healthy mix between past and present.
- Buffy. Probably one of the first shows. I loved Faith. And Angel. And Giles. And Buffy herself. Developed a crush on Willow. Shipped Xander with Cordelia. Fell in love with Anya. Etc.
- Charmed. Wow. I still don't know how Charmed happened, at first I didn't like it much but I always had a thing for Prue Halliwell, even before I realised I was gay. And then I joined a message board and started roleplaying. On the dark side. Of course.
- Friends. I love Ross and Rachel. I had such a crush on Rachel. And that entire show... I probably watched each episode more than five times. Whenever I was done with the last episode of the last season I'd just pop the first one back in.
- Alias. Lena Olin, mostly. But the entire show was fabulous. I wrote fanfiction. I joined message boards and speculated...
- Venice. If you were a lesbian around the year 2007/2008 and active online chances are you heard of Otalia, a lesbian couple on the soap opera Guiding Light. Played by Crystal Chappell and Jessica Leccia. After Guiding Light ended the two moved on and did their own web series called Venice The Series.
- Battlestar Galactica. I loved every minute of this. They are all my personal heroes. I feel like I know each character. I babbled when a few years ago I met Adama and son at the comic convention in London. And of course, Laura Roslin.
- Doctor Who. A show so silly should not be able to break your heart. But it does... it rips it out and then stomps around on it while laughing.
- Grey's Anatomy. I stopped watching but for a while we were definitely in a relationship.
- The Devil Wears Prada. There was a time in my 20's when I had an unhealthy relationship with Meryl Streep and mostly with her character in The Devil Wears Prada. I wrote fanfiction and I watched the film more times than I'd care to admit.
- Pride and Prejudice. Yes. Always. Read the book 25 times if not more. Watched the BBC 1995 mini series with Colin Firth about as many times...
I hope everyone is having a great week :)