Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Follow the link to know more about the meme and join up!
This week they're sharing the top ten things that make them instantly want to read a book. Their post this week can be found here.
I rarely choose to read a book on the fly anymore. Often I carefully research which books I want to read and which I'd rather avoid. I don't often walk into 1 or 2 star reads because I know what I like and what I don't like. Plus, lately, I've been giving myself the option to stop reading a book if I'm not enjoying myself and I don't rate books if I don't finish them.
- Dystopia. When it's about future versions of our world and the possible governments that will form or weird tech that will shape our lives, I'm immediately interested.
- Pretty Cover Art. Yes, that is a shallow reason to pick up a book but it works.
- Book shows up again and again and again in my Goodreads timeline.
- Certain authors. Like Stephen King. I always pick up a new Stephen King.
- Alternative History. Depending on the premise and time period. I'm a sucker for Nazis won the war stories.
- Anti Heroes. I love a good villain and if the villain is also the hero, I'm most happy.
- The summary on the back of the book. I sometimes browse through a bookstore and randomly read the backs of the ones with pretty cover art.
- Parallel Universe. Fascinating subject.
What makes you instantly want to read a book?