Once upon a time Top Ten Tuesday was hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Now, it's moved to the wonderful That Artsy Reader Girl. The rules can be found here. And this week's post here.
This week the topic is Bookish Resolutions for 2018.
I always make resolutions and I often fail them, as most of us do. But I just really like the clean slate a new year brings. This year, I decided to be kind to myself and just try my best. On days where I can't work, can't read, or can't go outside for a run, I'll be kind to myself and I won't feel bad about staying inside and watching Netflix. However, of course when it comes to books, I do have some resolutions.
- Read more books from Peter Boxall's 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die. Because I tend to neglect literary novels and just dive into genre... and I want to at least balance that a bit. Last year I read 80% Sci-Fi and Fantasy. This year a few more Murakamis.
- At the same time: Read more Classics!
- Don't fall behind with book reviews.
- Blog at least three times a week.
- Donate the books I don't want to keep.
- Read two books a week and finish 104 in 2018.
- Only request ARCs I really want to read.
- Read what I really want to read and not force myself through books. This point might collide with my first resolution.
- Adding to the last one: allow myself to DNF books.
- Interact more! This community is amazing!
What are your resolutions? Let me know in the comments!