If you participate (and you totally should because the community is amazing) don't forget to link up and if you leave me a comment, I will definitely check out your blog.
The Rules can be found here. And this week's post can be found here.
My healthy diet is making me cry occasionally. I'm kidding. Though, I did look mildly grumpy one Saturday and my partner promptly ordered pizza. Bless her. I did have my very first small pizza. Who orders small? Why do they make them in that size? It's PIZZA. Anyway, it was 9'' and I'm pretty sure it was the smallest pizza I've ever seen.
I'm eating lots of nuts, avocado and fish in an attempt to boost my good cholesterol...if I can't bring the bad one down, may as well try to improve the ratio by loading up on the good stuff. Still waiting for the lipid specialist.
Otherwise, nothing much happened. I'm writing. I'm reading and both winter and darkness can go now. I'm ready for spring.
I did discover a new (old) TV show that I've not watched yet and that I fell head over heels in love with: My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. THERE'S MUSICAL NUMBERS, WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME? (Also if you haven't seen The Good Place and are into comedy? This is me telling you that it's a brilliant show.)
We bought some clippers because we have one nervous Cocker Spaniel, deadly afraid of the vet and groomers. I spent three hours just cutting dog hair last week and ended up feeling muscles I never knew I had. Now, she looks like a lamb. Hello Lola!
On my blog:
- IRON GOLD BY PIERCE BROWN. I've only been waiting for this for a million days, or that's what it feels like. And in the end it did not let me down.
- A new Five Star Fantasy read. Inda by Sherwood Smith. Family, friendships, first love, betrayal, military academy, pirates...amazing read.
- Elysium Fire by Alastair Reynolds. Crime in space. If you're into crime novels and would like to read one set in space. Boom. This was a Netgalley read.
- Top Ten Tuesdays: Books I Can't Believe I've Read and Books I Liked But Can't Remember Much About
At the cinema: If anyone is on Letterboxd, this is my profile. In the last two weeks I went to see several films...
- The Shape of Water [I love Guillermo del Toro but I didn't connect with this one emotionally so I wasn't a fan. But damn the soundtrack, cinematography, directing and Sally Hawkins, they were all flawless.]
- The Greatest Showman [Musical with Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron. Great soundtrack, senseless plot.]
- The Post [A film about the Washington Post and Meryl Streep can do no wrong. Plus it has Tom Hanks, Spielberg directs and John Williams wrote the soundtrack.]
I'm still considering sharing some flash stories with you. Might do that from March on. Got another rejection last week, they still sting.
How was everyone else's week? I'm off to visit blogs.
I've been interested in seeing Guillermo del Toro's work for a long time now, but a bit concerned it will freak me out, although I think The Shape of Water might be the way for me to start. I've loved Sally Hawkins for years, so it's nice to see she is getting the recognition she deserves with this one!ReplyDelete
I've heard so much raving about The Greatest Showman...but to be fair all anyone is talking about is the music and not the plot ;)ReplyDelete
Hahahaha, yeah, it was quite flashy!Delete
Kudos to you for following such a healthy diet. And kudos to your partner for knowing sometimes you just need pizza (even if it’s a small one). LOL I do want to see The Post. I think Meryl Streep is brilliant and I pretty much love everything she does.ReplyDelete
Meryl is a name that brings me to the cinema...Delete
Keep up the good work on the healthy diet. I love fish and avocado!!ReplyDelete
Have a great week!
Yup diets make me grumpy too but your diet sounds fabulous. tons of good fats and that will be great for you! Gal d to hear you are reading and writing! I'm ready for spring too! Your puppy is adorable! Totally agree with The Shape of Water!ReplyDelete
Well, I've gone from being two months behind, to one month behind on my own blog - but I'm so far behind on yours! I'm sorry for what I've missed.ReplyDelete
Healthy fats are awesome! I love nuts and avocados. I hope it all works for you.
Well done on clipping the dog!
I want to watch Greatest Showman because I love that soundtrack! Now you have me wondering - I guess I'll just wait to watch it at home seeing as it isn't really one that NEEDS the big screen.